Skip to content
- Assist in the evaluation of potential home/property purchases.
- Develop feasibility studies for potential projects.
- Compile preliminary analysis of zoning and other regulatory requirements for potential projects.
- Meet with clients to determine project requirements (program.)
- Develop preliminary design options.
- Work with clients to refine preliminary design options and create a single “schematic design option.”
- Build upon the single schematic design option and develop “design development / pricing drawings.”
- Assist clients in hiring a structural engineer and any other consultants deemed necessary and work with those engineers and consultants thought the design process.
- Use design development / pricing drawings to obtain preliminary cost estimates and/or zoning approval (see below.)
- Revise design if necessary based on pricing and/or zoning approval.
- Work with clients and contractor to finalize permitting and construction drawings.
- Work with clients to compile list of prospective contractors.
- Help clients interview contractors and obtain preliminary cost estimates.
- Help clients evaluate contractors and preliminary cost estimates.
- Help clients select contractor.
- Conduct preliminary meetings with zoning and/or building departments as necessary to determine regulatory constraints and discuss how proposed projects might meet those constraints.
- Submit projects for zoning and building department approval.
- Respond to questions from zinging and building departments, as necessary.
- Revise drawings as necessary for zoning and building department approval, if necessary.
- Conduct kick-off meeting with clients and contractor, to discuss any important and/or red-flag issues.
- Conduct regular site visits, to observe construction, answer contractor/client questions, and identify any issues.
- Work with contractor and client to resolve issues as they occur.
- Compile punch list at end of project.
- Assist client with any close-out issues.